Hi, My name is Jamie Sharp.
I am the school chaplain for Woodhill State School. I'm employed by education Queensland and the Scripture Union Queensland and have been placed in the school to give care and support to the entire school community. I am supported by a local Chaplain Committee made up of representatives from the local churches, local school leaders, SU staff, other chaplains and local businesses.
The chaplaincy service is provided for all students, staff and their families regardless of race, religion or values. All matters raised are dealt with in the strictest confidence and without judgement. Part of my role is to network and link with other professionals/businesses in the area to provide the best care possible for those in need of a little assistance.
I am normally at Woodhill State School on Fridays, however in case of family crisis etc I can be contacted all week. You can contact me by ringing the school on 5548 9222, or emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I aim to provide pastoral care, social support and personal development to our students. I am here to help and care for the students and school community by being the listener, the supporter and the encourager.
Chaplaincy works on a voluntary basis, no-one is made to speak to me. Parents, teachers and students can refer to me but ultimately it is the individuals choice to utilise this service provided.
Some reasons you would see me would be if:
- You just need someone to talk to
- Your family or friends have experienced a tragedy
- You're struggling with school or study
- Something has happened that has upset or shaken you and you need some advice
- You need help and want pointing in the right direction
- Parents need advice on parenting or family matters
- You're concerned about someone around you regards to health and well being
- You need a friend who will not judge or criticise
I look forward to meeting and working with as many parents, staff and students as possible as together we make a difference in young peoples lives.